Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, we have served generations at every stage of their lives. Macy’s customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Do you love helping others feel beautiful and confident? At Macy’s Beauty, we’ll show you how to make magic with top-notch (paid) training on our product lines as well as the latest technology, trends, and techniques in the exciting world of beauty. Join our Beauty team to express your artistic side by creating customized beauty regimens and gorgeous new looks with amazing beauty products from the hottest brands. You’ll also get exclusive perks including all kinds of wonderful product samples and a product allowance to spend on your choice of full-size products (we call it “gratis” – you’re going to LOVE it.) And the feeling you’ll get from helping someone find their perfect shade? Now that’s beautiful!
Prestige Team Leader is responsible to drive sales and service the customer across the Beauty department. They are the prestige cosmetics authority who consistently role models a best in class service experience while helping customers and training associates. They provide outstanding customer service with expertise across multiple brands, they have a keen awareness of current trends and leads a team.
Connects the business priorities to the daily activities of all associates.
- Understand how brand training, events and product strategies drive sales.
- Communicates with vendors and store leadership to execute events based on the marketing calendar to achieve sales plan
- Understand product strategies by Quarter/Season and provide clear direction to drive sales.
- Review and analyze business performance – daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual sales results.
- Review productivity levels, provide coaching/feedback, and partner store leadership on team performance.
Be a product educator and beauty enthusiast.
- Has advanced authority and expertise in the total prestige cosmetic business.
- Introduce customers to beauty products and build a rapport to identify hidden needs.
- Self-motivated to stay current on brand related product knowledge and beauty trends.
Inspires teamwork to achieve sales goals and elevate the customer experience
- Build trust and foster teamwork across the entire Beauty department. Supports cross-brand selling environment. • Offer the customer compelling experiences, opportunities to discover products, and relationships that keep them coming back.
- Clearly model behavior and articulates activities that support elevating the customer experience.
- Leverage My Client. Provide outstanding service – whether that be in person, virtually or on the phone.
- Drive client acquisition through awareness and engagement in our Loyalty program.
Models a curiosity to learn that drives both self and team development.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning through personal behaviors, product demonstrations and peer to peer learning. • Remain up to date with all training from designated brands.
- Attend relevant brand schools and virtual trainings as needed.
Promotes strong team engagement and encourages recognition.
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop associates on company policies, procedures, product knowledge, and team/individual productivity goals.
- Train Beauty team on all unassisted brands and department key items. Support onboarding internal and external new team members.
Supports operational excellence.
- Ensure timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors (RTVs).
- Present a clean well-maintained beauty department with associates following Macy’s Corporate hygiene standards.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs