Apex Entertainment, Syracuse NY is looking for Dishwashers to join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our guests. In this role, you will be responsible for culinary activities of the assigned station with primary responsibility for production and preparation of all menu items, recipes and food sanitation. You will also be responsible for prepping menu items to be cooked and served to guests.
• Maintain high standards of organization and cleanliness.
• Follow/complete prep lists and set up stations in a timely manner.
• Maintain the kitchen by sanitizing prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean.
• Must be able to recognize when dishes on the line need to be removed and sanitized for immediate use.
• Maintain organization throughout service.
• Demonstrate a pleasant demeanor towards all fellow team members.
• Follow standards of etiquette in our kitchen that reflect the culture of Apex Entertainment.
• A large part of the kitchen is the dish area. Keeping this area clean and organized is mandatory. It is an integral part of the team and duties in the dish pit include:
o Mopping floors, taking out trash, organizing linen
o Set up and breakdown of dish machine
o Maintaining full levels of chemicals
o Organizing clean dishes on racks
o Communicating with staff in terms of prioritization
o Helping with prepping food products for service
• Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours at a time
• Any additional tasks assigned by management
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change
• 1-2 years experience working in the food & beverage and / or hospitality industry
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Weekend Availability is a MUST
• Minimum age 16 years old