Apex Entertainment, Albany NY is currently looking for a Bartender to join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our guests. As a bartender, you may work corporate or private events at times.
- Provide outstanding guest service at all times and maintain a safe environment by identifying problem clients and having them removed.
- Must be able to work with team members and communicate needs to management.
- Must be able to efficiently prepare drinks according to our recipes and timing standards using a measured pour.
- Must possess product knowledge and have an ability to explain the differences and advantages to the craft beer selection, liquors, and wine.
- Check customers identification to confirm it meets legal drinking age and never knowingly over-serve a guest.
- Must have knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and ingredients in order to best serve our guests.
- Must be able to answer any and all guest questions regarding our menu including food and beverage ingredients, allergy information, item availability and Apex Entertainment policies.
- Must be engaging, enthusiastic and personable in order for the guest to have a pleasurable experience.
- Responsible for completing opening and closing side work each shift which may include putting away orders, organizing walk-in fridge, tapping new kegs, evaluating quality of products and par levels, restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Must be a team player and help whenever necessary such as answering the phone, helping seat guests, refilling/pre-bussing other server’s tables.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what is going on throughout the facility as a whole.
- Any additional tasks assigned by management.
• High School Diploma required or GED equivalent.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
• Minimum age of 21 years old.
• 2+ years experience bartending in a high volume establishment and be TIPS Certified.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays. Weekend Availability is a MUST.
• Superior cash handling skills.
• Experience working events a plus.
• Must be able to stand for 6-10 hours at a time and willing to perform any tasks delegated by management.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize during busy times while maintaining composure.
• Must be able to lift 40+ pounds.