WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with 40,000 square feet of “edu-tainment”. The attraction combines education and entertainment with more than 100 hands on exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination. WonderWorks Syracuse is looking for dynamic people to join our team!
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required. Night, holiday, and weekend availability is a must to be considered for the position. Primarily shifts will be on weekends, with some weekday depending on business trends and volume. Flexibility with availability is ideal.
Who We Are Looking For?
As a birthday host:
• You are a super energetic person who smiles all the time.
• You are good at multitasking and can handle a little bit of chaos.
• You love to help others.
• You love children and would feel a sense of pride in making sure every child who had a birthday party at WonderWorks left having the best time of their lives.
• You will attend scheduled shift and employee meetings as required.
• You will be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Admissions department as directed by the immediate lead or manager
As a Box Office Attendant:
• You possess basic math skills
• Are comfortable greeting and welcome guests as they enter and exit WonderWorks with a smile
• You possess effective communication skills and with training are comfortable greeting guests and answering questions regarding all aspects of WonderWorks
• You can answer telephones and redirect calls in a courteous, professional manner
• You are comfortable handling cash, credit cards and travelers checks and balance register with sales
• You’re comfortable upselling guests on additional services and products offered at the point of sale
• Attend scheduled shift and employee meetings as required.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Admissions department as directed by the immediate lead or manager