WonderWorks is an amusement park for the mind with 40,000 square feet of “edu-tainment”. The attraction combines education and entertainment with more than 100 hands on exhibits that challenge the mind and spark the imagination. WonderWorks Syracuse is looking for dynamic people to join our team!
WonderWorks is seeking dependable, team-oriented individuals with high energy and a passion for delivering superior guest service. Qualified candidates must be willing to work a flexible schedule in a fast paced environment. Wonderworks is open 7 days a week, Mon-Thurs 11-8pm, Fri-Sat 10-10pm, Sunday 11-6pm. All positions require weekend, night, holiday & outside hours availability.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required. Night, holiday, and weekend availability is a must to be considered for the position. Primarily shifts will be on weekends, with some weekday depending on business trends and volume. Flexibility with availability is ideal.
Ideal Candidate Job Requirements & Duties:
- Must be okay with heights of 80 feet +
- Should be personable, enthusiastic, and outgoing, and detail oriented
- Candidate should have high emphasis on safety, and be comfortable enforcing safety rules
- Attend scheduled shift and employee meetings as required.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Admissions department as directed by the immediate lead or manager
- Instruct, lead, and supervise guests safely through the ropes course. Provide knowledgeable explanations about each ropes element and perform instructional / safety briefings and element debriefings as assigned.
- Follow standard operating procedures and demonstrate techniques and safety guidelines to guests. Conduct ropes course training and ensure that all guests are adequately instructed in all course content and activities in order to ensure a safe, successful and enjoyable experience.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of operational risk management. Assist with equipment inventory and report equipment damage, malfunction and repair requirements of the rope course itself and all associated equipment to management.
- Fit harnesses and helmets correctly and supervise the use of all personal safety equipment. Secure the ropes course when not in use. Keep the ropes course area and equipment storage neat, clean and orderly.
- Escort and accompany guests at all times while on the course site, maintaining orderly behavior and a safe and fun learning environment.
- Keep neat and accurate operational records and logs and prepare daily reports as required. Perform daily inspections and take inventory of the course and equipment.
- Report Ropes Course issues to the Manager on Duty or Tech on an ongoing basis so that they can be addressed immediately by the Tech Department
- Assist in training and supervising attendants on the Ropes Course
- Perform other duties as assigned