As a Role Model
- Demonstrate and model client service and onstage leadership standards.
- Be punctual at work and with all deadlines.
- Take initiative: being able to react to situations in the moment and business opportunities as they arise.
- Be perceived as a leader and maintain objective and professional relationships with brand partners, key stakeholders, cast, peers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrate high ethical standards.
As a Director in Charge (DIC)
- Set the tone on stage – keep advisors motivated, smiling, and servicing clients.
- Observe the stage to ensure advisors follow the Sephora style of selling and service.
- Observe client flow throughout the store and rezone advisors to ensure optimal coverage. Ensure that advisors are aware when a client is in their zone.
- Provide effective coaching in the moment.
- Make touch bases interactive and fun while presenting the financial overview of the business (“big picture”).
- Ensure maintenance standards and presentations standards. Assign tasks to cast members to maintain maximum productivity during down time.
- Handle client complaints efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate hourly reads, and zone and break changes.
- Ensure that standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained by current company standards
- Price postings
- Area of Pride (AOP)
- Set-up merchandising presentations and animations.
- Assist in maintaining standards of safety and cleanliness of “back stage:” stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.
- Open and close the store.
- Appropriately react and handle emergencies and loss prevention issues when opening or closing the store (in the absence of exempt team).
- Create and execute the store touch base and zoning.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.