- Greet all clients with enthusiasm.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to clients.
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently (including gift wrap).
- Deal with returns/exchanges in a positive manner.
- Engage clients in appropriate conversation while completing transaction.
- Provide basic store and product information to clients as needed.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization within the cashier zone.
- Assist in maintaining standards of the back of the store: stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
- Participate in inventory control.
- Communicate inventory issues/concerns to operations or leadership.
- Maintain store safety standards.
- Ensure “stage” coverage is appropriate for servicing clients.
- Communicate zone needs to Specialist or “Director-in-Charge.”
- Participate in programs to reduce shortage/loss.
- Ensure that cashier training is successfully completed.
- Actively pursue additional training as needed.
- Assist in training new cashiers.
Daily cashier functions and operations:
- Price Adjustment*
- Opening Cashier Procedures
- Closing Cashier Procedures
- Communicate Supply Needs
- Gift Wrapping
- Employee Transactions
- *Must be approved by Store Manager or Co-Manager
Knowledge, skills required
- Excellent client service, communication and organizational skills.
- Arithmetic skills.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- 1-3 years in retail/service industry dependent on store volume
- Cash handling/cashier experience preferred
- Minimum Educational Level
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Proficiency in a foreign language desirable.
Requirements of the Job
- Move around on stage, back stage and offices.
- Operate the POS.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Handle cosmetic products.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
- Availability to work flexible days/nights/hours, weekends and holidays.
- Wear costume provided.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
- Use a calculator.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.