Apex Entertainment, Syracuse NY is currently looking for Servers to join our team and help us provide exceptional service to our guests. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring patrons have an enjoyable dining experience by providing quality customer service. Working as a server, you will rotate sections between The Pit Stop Tavern & lane side service and will be responsible for taking food/drink orders and removing dinnerware from the table in a timely manner.
- Provide outstanding guest service at all times.
- Must be able to work with team members and communicate needs to management.
- Must have knowledge of all menu items and ingredients in order to best serve our guest.
- Must be engaging, enthusiastic and personable at tables in order for the guest to have a pleasurable dining experience.
- Must have knowledge of all Apex Entertainment attractions.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships with our guests.
- Completion of opening & closing side work each shift.
- Must be a team player and help whenever necessary such as answering the phone, helping seat guests, refilling/pre-bussing other servers tables.
- Ability to work as a team to complete running side work which includes running food/beverage, resetting tables, and restocking wait stations.
- Be aware of your surroundings and what is going on throughout the facility as a whole.
- Any additional tasks assigned by management.
- Must be able to stand for 6-10 hours at a time.
- Must be able to maintain composure during stressful times and be able to take criticism.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize during busy times.
- High School Diploma required or GED equivalent.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- 1-2 years experience working in the food & beverage and/or hospitality industry.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Weekend Availability is a MUST.
- Experience working with POS systems.
- Superior cash handling skills.
- Experience working events a plus.