Destiny USA Assistant Marketing Director Job Description
We are Destiny USA, the largest shopping, dining, and entertainment destination in New York State, plus, the eight largest in the United States! We are one of the many properties owned by Pyramid Management Group, the most innovative, privately held shopping center developers in North America…and we are WHAT’S NEXT.
We’ve built a reputation for always being ahead of the curve – transforming the traditional retail spaces into dynamic tourist destinations, creating the perfect blend of entertainment, shopping, and dining. Want luxury outlets that offer deep discounts, or want to spend the afternoon racing in a go-kart? Or how about bowling with a side of pizza and wings, and washing it down with dessert from the Cheesecake Factory? That’s what we do… and we’re just getting started.
The core of our success? Our people. We offer a fun, energetic workplace environment that rewards hard work and success with a culture that fosters growth and sparks new ideas every day. Work hard. Play hard.
If you’re fun, fearless, and ready to play an active role in one of the largest transformations our industry has ever seen… join us!
And be a part of WHAT’S NEXT.
We’re on a mission to find our next great Assistant Marketing Director to work with us at Destiny USA, on the shores of Onondaga Lake, in Syracuse, NY. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic marketer looking to make an immediate impact on one of the most talented and dynamic shopping properties in the country.
The ideal candidate will play an integral role in promoting the property and tenants by collaborating with the Director of Marketing and Graphic Designer. Creativity, positivity, and being meticulous are are a must, as well as possessing skills to maintain relationships with various departments and tenants.
But don’t sweat it (yet) – we provide you with all the tools, resources, mentoring and training you need to not only be successful, but confident in your critical role as a member of the Destiny USA Marketing Team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
• Be committed to creating An Amazing Experience for everyone by providing exceptional service in a safe and clean environment.
• Manage all content on Destiny USA’s digital platforms, including social media, digital screens on property, website, email database and merchant portal.
• Work closely with onsite graphic designer to deliver promoted material in a timely manner, while preserving to the Destiny USA brand.
• Develop and maintain positive relations with mall merchants including Store Managers, District Managers and Regional Managers.
• Assist in collection of weekly barometer figures, completes monthly comp sales reports, and fulfill home office and leasing requests.
• Assist Marketing Director in the coordination of Sales Enhancement Programs, promotions, events and collaterals, market research.
• Produce weekly e-newsletters: merchant newsletter: Tenant Teller, Destiny Digest and The Weekender
• Manage marketing events and programs, including (but not limited to): Fun Pass, Tykes Tuesday, Summer/Winter Fun Pass, Santa’s Arrival, Easter Bunny Arrival, and New Year’s Eve.
• Write and coordinate press release distribution.
• Maintain Passport of Savings program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field; or equivalent education.
• Must have great writing skills.
• Experience working with public events.
• Experience in working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
• Possess great organizational skills.
• Realize that our customer is top priority.
• Perform and dress at a standard that exceeds expectations.
• Take ownership in their work and take pride in a job well done.
• Communicate & deal with employees & guests in a respectful manner.
• A team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
• Have a positive disposition.