The Sales / Support Captain is an elevated hourly colleague that supports sales and support functions within the 4 walls of the store, providing override capability, driving business effectiveness, and focused on assigned tasks as defined by the STM/PL.
As a Sales / Support Captains you will be responsible for prioritizing the customer experience through active supervision and enhancing the service culture.
You will have a key role in communicating expectations and priorities to associates. You will help create a fun and engaging store environment for customers and associates. As an advocate for the customer, you will role model and provide fast feedback on how to make every customer experience optimal. You will be an expert in satisfying the customer and driving results through promotional and Omni selling initiatives. This position leads to Sales and Customer Experience Manager or Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager. Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Occasionally participate in Active Supervision by circulating the selling floor, directing and redirecting colleagues while supporting daily leadership priorities to optimize the customer experience and support sales volume within specific area of responsibility
- Assist with customer service issues as needed; has ability to override for resolutionManage customer and colleague flow within the designated area to the needs of the businessExecute store opening and closing procedures; access to alarms systems and keys
- Assist people leader with managing workload and/or projects as requested
- Provide feedback and contribute observations via PLRole model ability to build lasting customer relationshipsHelp build a proactive and solution-oriented customer centric culture in area of responsibility to ensure consistent customer experiences
- Meet with People Leader daily to discuss total store activities to monitor and focus for the dayPerform all applicable sales and/or support duties in addition to the above
- Manager customer service issues to completion.Lead store activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards.
- Alert Sales and Customer Experience Manager or Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal
- Oversee colleague execution and completion of daily Fulfillment responsibilities.
- Have practical knowledge of store systems ? POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App ? and ability to educate others.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs