At Sephora our make-up experts provide friendly and knowledgeable service to all clients.
“On Stage”/Client Services
- Greet all clients who enter the store with enthusiasm.
- Provide courteous, knowledgeable service to clients.
- Determine client’s needs and suggest products to meet their needs.
- Communicate product knowledge to clients as appropriate.
- As required, provide makeovers to clients.
- Ensure that “in-depth” brand training is successfully completed for designated brand specialists.
- Actively pursue additional product knowledge as needed.
- Brand “specialists” to cross-train other consultants.
- Participate in inventory control.
- Communicate inventory issues/concerns to Assistant Manager/Co- Manager/Store Manager.
- Ensure compliance with sampling policies and procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of special events/animations within the store.
- Participate in programs to reduce shortage/loss.
- Designated advisors to be knowledgeable of cashier functions.
Knowledge, skills required
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Arithmetic skills.
- Cosmetic experience required.
- 1-3 years in retail/service industry (higher volume stores require 2-3 years’ experience)
Minimum Educational Level
- High School Graduate.
- Proficiency in a foreign language desirable.
Requirements of the Job
- Ability to communicate with clients and store employees in a clear manner.
- Move around “the stage”, “back stage” and offices.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Work in a fragrance filled environment.
- Handle and apply cosmetic products to clients.
- Bend and stretch to stock shelves.
- Able to work flexible days/nights/hours, weekends and holidays.
- Wear costume provided.
- Consistent and reliable attendance.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.