What is WonderWorks?
WonderWorks is a hands-on theme park for your mind! We feature over 100 interactive exhibits to spark your imagination and creativity! We want our guests and team members to “Let Your Imagination Run Wild” in one of our 6 theme parks: we are in Orlando, FL; Pigeon Forge, TN; Panama City Beach, FL; Myrtle Beach, SC; Syracuse, NY, and now Branson, MO!
Full-time team members get access to Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance, supplemental insurance options such as Disability & FSA accounts, Paid Time Off, company holidays, a 401k retirement plan with a company match component, & the chance to work with amazing people who want to see you succeed!
Joining our Team:
At WonderWorks, we take pride in the enjoyment of our guests, and the sparkly look of our WONDERful, indoor theme park! We are very proud of the smooth rides, hands-on exhibits, and cleanliness of our facility and it all starts with the care of our team members, and especially those on our Facilities team! If you enjoy leading others to success and getting to see the impact of your hard work in real time, in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, our Technician position may be a fit for you!
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Safely & quickly address all assignments brought up during walk-throughs
- Respond to radio calls to correct & repair concerns as needed, often in crowded conditions
- Conduct building walk-throughs, identify & correct safety & security issues, technical malfunctions, & cosmetic needs with exhibits, facilities, & grounds
- Paint interior & exterior walls, & trim of all facility
- Troubleshoot & repair issues found in all areas of facilities & exhibits
- Maintain all building exhibits via monthly & weekly preventative maintenance plans as needed
- Assist with modifications to facility, as well as installing new exhibits & graphics
- Train new & existing team members on all major exhibits
- Ensure safety & security of all exhibits as needed
- Help others as needed to maintain an exciting & dazzling experience for our team & guests!
Minimum requirements: The ability to multi-task, must be self-motivated and be able to work with limited supervision and make reasonable and ethical decisions quickly will be needed for this position. Previous Technician experience is required. On-the-job training is provided upon joining, and it is important for team members to be able to reach you when they need you or for an urgent need, so night, holiday, and weekend availability is a requirement, too.
Though we’re mostly professional fun and games, it’s important to note that as a team member in a theme park and people-facing venue, certain physical demands may come up on the job. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift from 10 pounds up to 50+ pounds.
WonderWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. WonderWorks is also a Drug-Free Workplace. Finally, candidates are subject to background checks, and must have a clean driving record.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills.