Carter’s, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
Responsible for protecting company assets through exceptional customer service and through disciplined safety procedures. Provide customer service and engage customers to increase sales and decrease exposure to loss. This position will support Carter’s “prevention first” philosophy by ensuring operational excellence and by having a consistent visible presence on the sales floor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT)
- Provides a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor at all times.
- Assists store management with dealing with difficult customer situations.
- Contact/interacts with local authorities when necessary.
- Maintains consistent communication with the store team regarding all incidents and exposures to loss.
- Maintains housekeeping and safety standards to ensure a positive experience for customers and team.
- Utilizes all in-store physical resources such as CCTV, mirrors, etc. to deter theft.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Documents all known theft/attempted theft situations on company Incident Reports.
- Partners with store management to address potential theft situations.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative working relationship with all members of the team.
- Adjusts performing assignments as requested.
- Supports, trains, and coaches others to success.
- Effectively communicates with store management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates customer engagement skills.
- Minimum of 1 year of Loss Prevention experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience preferred.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Availability to meet the needs of the business that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Any availability changes must be approved by the Store Manager and will be approved based on business needs.
- Scheduled working shifts from 3-8 hours in length (applicable state laws apply).
- Minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.