Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
The Jewelry Sales associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service in the Jewelry & Watch Complex. This includes meeting hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, demonstrating superior product knowledge to customers, building a clientele using the My Client system, offering the customer our Worry No More service plan and creating a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The Jewelry Sales associate will participate in ongoing training via the iPad as well as attend vendor and trainer facilitated trainings. Additionally, all Jewelry Sales associates participate in all aspects of ensuring the department is operating efficiently including but not limited to processing goods, merchandising, taking price changes, setting and signing sales, doing RTVs, BOPS & Fulfillment.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool.
- Be proficient in use of all POS systems including Search and Send and My Client.
- Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of service, and qualify customer needs, figure out what’s right for them by using steps of MAGIC & Fine Touch Selling.
- Offer to put purchase on customer’s Macy’s charge account.
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection.
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm that demonstrates Macy’s commitment to our customer.
- Participate in pre-selling and sales driving events including trunk shows to maximize sales.
- Stay informed on current promotional events and sales.
- Offer and promote benefits of extended service plan to all customers purchasing Fine Jewelry & Watches.
- Use clientele program to maintain customer profile and contact information to increase personal sales and build solid customer base.
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
- Offer to call other locations if merchandise is unavailable within store or offer Search & Send.
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to Jewelry (POS procedures, iPad, Operations, Asset Protection).
- Ensure proper processing, presentation, organization, storing, and replenishment of stock. Maintain Recovery & Fill in Standards.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to watch sizing and ear piercing.
- Adhere to asset protection programs and procedures to ensure audit compliance.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range