Opening Soon! At Embassy Suites by Hilton™ at Destiny USA, we anticipate travelers’ needs and deliver what matters most. All of our guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night*. We’re delighted to welcome you in over 230 unique locations, so stay with us and come experience all Embassy Suites has to offer.
As the Executive Chef, you will fill a vital role by directing and supervising food preparation for all food outlets of the hotel and ensures the highest level quality and consistency as relates to food handling, food quality and food presentations while maintaining established operational standards and maximizing profits for the hotel.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- Have 5 or more years of progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry; or a Culinary Degree with 3 or more years’ progressive experience in Hotel Food & Beverage experience or other successful F&B service industry.
- Create and plan all meals and menus for the restaurant/s, outlet/s and catered events.
- Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a “hands on” approach.
- Work within monthly set food cost budget, adjust food requisitions and controls waste.
- Monitor food outlets, buffets, stations and food displays for creativity, quality, cleanliness and food safety.
- Assure timely set up, schedules well trained cooks in all areas in proper uniform.
- Assist the Outlet-Restaurant Manager and the Banquet Manager in their daily and weekly duties as needed.
- Assist the food and beverage services for conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Work frequently with subordinates in the Food and Beverage Department to ensure all aspects of business are running smoothly and on schedules to improve existing practices and services both in the front of the house and the back of the house.
- Communicate financial information to the General Manager, including up-to-date budget information and revenue growth programs formulated through short term and long term operational and financial plans for the food and beverage department.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, controls cost (which includes labor, food, maintenance, etc.) and maximizes profitability related to the facility operations.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions