The Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide
Destiny USA has created a shopping guide to make holiday shopping safe and memorable
Syracuse, NY – We blinked, and the holidays were upon us! There’s no slowing down now. Black Friday is here – but don’t worry. Destiny USA has your back. Every year, Destiny USA produces its Ultimate Holiday Shopping Guide, and this year is slightly different, but full of all the “insider” ways to make families traditional shopping experience memorable and safe.
Take Safety Seriously
Your safety is our number one priority. We are taking every precaution to ensure your safety as well as our employees. Click here to learn more about the Destiny USA comprehensive safety and sanitizing measures. Safety is a shared responsibility, so please do your part. Click here for a full list of our Healthy Shopper Guidelines, which must be followed by all guests.
- Wear a mask. As per New York State mandate, a mask MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while visiting Destiny USA. The mask must cover your nose and your mouth. A mask under your nose or hanging under your chin, is not going to cut it. Do your part and cover up. If you need a mask, a Destiny USA Security Guard will gladly provide one free of charge. If you don’t see a security guard on the floor, stop by the security desk on the first level, under the Carousel (near Carhartt and Panera Bread) and ask for one. No excuses. Mask up.
- Social distance. Stay at least six feet from others that are not in your party (while walking, riding the escalator, or standing in any line. Try to limit elevator use and opt to use the escalators, if possible. If you decide to utilize an elevator, please maintain a distance of six feet from others while riding. If that is not possible, let it go and wait for it to come back.
- Use hand sanitizer. There are hand sanitizers placed on the elevators and the touch screen directories and other locations throughout the property. Please use them.
- Don’t walk and eat/drink. New York State mandates that all food and beverages be consumed while seated. Destiny USA is no different. Please finish your meal while seated. When you walk around, you should be wearing your mask while visiting Destiny USA.
- Don’t talk on the phone with your mask off. If you absolutely have to hold a phone conversation without your mask, please go outside and social distance at least six feet. Masks are required while you are on the phone.
- Follow the directional floor prompts. To keep traffic flowing the same direction and ease congestion, one-way, directional signage have been placed on doors and digital screens throughout the property. Please follow them.
- Stay home. If you are sick, have a fever or show any COVID symptoms, please stay home. Any guest or employee with a temperature greater than 100.00°F or who has flu-like symptoms (e.g., cough, body aches) will not be permitted to visit the property.
Shop Early – Deals are Available Now
If you can swing it, show up early, sometime on a weekday morning and scope out sales. Click here to view sales happening now at Destiny USA.
Enjoy Thanksgiving at Home
This year, for the first time, Destiny USA will be CLOSED for Thanksgiving. So, you can skip spending it shopping with us this year.
Doors will reopen at Destiny USA at 5am on Black Friday.
Plan out where you need to park to shop efficiently. Guests can utilize our spacious indoor parking garages (north and south) or utilize the Solar Street parking lots. The best part about the Solar Street lots, is that they provide easy access on and off the property and are connected to Destiny USA’s expansion by an enclosed, climate-controlled pedestrian bridge.
Stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton for a Chance to Win
Book your stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton at Destiny USA for a chance to win a weekend getaway! As an added bonus, the grand prize winner will receive goodies from Destiny USA & Syracuse University, including:
- Complimentary two-night stay voucher
- 4 Free tickets to SU football game in 2021
- Official SU Football Jersey
- $50 Visa Gift Card
- $100 gift card to 110 Grill
- $100 gift card to TGI Friday’s
- 4 racing vouchers for RPM Raceway
- Champagne from Sip Sip Hooray
Visit Santa Claus
Yes, Santa is returning on BLACK FRIDAY! There will be plenty of fun and magic to go around with Old St. Nick but to ensure safety, new guidelines have been implemented for the Santa Set. Reservations are strongly encouraged with walk-up visits available as space allows throughout the day. Click here to make reservations. Best practices will be followed, including maintaining a social distance of at least 6-8 feet from Santa, face masks, and enhanced cleaning between visits. For more information on the safety measures being taken based on the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, click here. Santa is located in the commons level (near DSW and Finish Line) and will be available to take photos and meet kids on Black Friday from 11:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. For Santa’s hours for the rest of the season, click here.
Select retailers may offer curbside service. Here is a list of stores providing curbside pickup at Destiny USA. This list is subject to change, so remember to call ahead to confirm if your store will be able to provide this service and ask where to park to receive your package.
Be Kind & Have Fun
The holiday season is the “most wonderful time of the year”, but it can also be stressful. As we navigate our way through this shopping season, with new social norms, we ask that you help us spread smiles and joy by being patient and be kind. You never know how you may make someone’s day by being kind. Everyone at Destiny USA wants you to enjoy a safe and memorable shopping experience.