Lord + Taylor partners with the Jim & Juli Boeheim Foundation to support children with cancer and blood disorders
Syracuse, NY (October 2, 2019) – This week, local children will receive extra support from one of Destiny USA’s long-term, luxury anchor stores. Lord + Taylor will launch Charity Days in partnership with the Jim & Juli Boeheim Foundation to provide toys, games, and craft supplies that will entertain children during treatment in the infusion treatment room at the Dr. William J. Waters Center for Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders, located in the Upstate Cancer Center.
“We are passionate about our local community and thrilled to have this amazing opportunity to directly raise funds for our local foundation,” said Lord + Taylor General Manager Joanne Gabriel. “Let’s do something good together!”
Charity Days will be an multiple day shopping event that starts on Friday, October 4th and will run through Monday, October 7th, 2019, at Lord + Taylor. Customers will have the opportunity to purchase a ticket with any donation they would like to make to the cause. The ticket will be their savings pass, which will allow the customer to receive 30 percent off just about everything in the store, including 15 percent off in the cosmetics department. Furthermore, 100 percent of proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to the foundation.
Charity Days Events
- Friday, October 4th –
- Orange GameDay Fundraiser to include everyone in the family that cannot make it on the weekend to help support Charity Days.
- Saturday, October 5th –
- From 12pm-6pm, there will be a full day of fun, food, games, music and a special appearance by Jim & Juli Boeheim at 2pm, along with Otto. Some of the participants joining in on the action to offer food and drink samples include: P.F. Chang’s, Margaritaville, Texas de Brazil, World of Beer, Cantina Laredo, Gordon Biersch, and DiBella’s Sub Shop.
- WonderWorks will conduct science experiments.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods will offer a basketball hoop competition, corn hole and a ring toss.
- D-Style Barber Shop will offer complimentary hair and beard trims.
- Microsoft will set up XBOX games for all the gamers.
- A pop-up shop will also be on hand with SU merchandise available for purchase.
- Lord + Taylor will hold several raffles with giveaways including Nike Shoes and basketballs signed by both Jim & Juli.
“We are looking forward to this amazing event and community partnership, as we all work together in support of The Jim & Juli Foundation.”
About Destiny USA
Destiny USA is New York’s largest shopping, dining, outlet and entertainment destination and the sixth largest shopping center in the U.S. centrally located in Syracuse, Destiny USA is visited by 26 million guests annually and consistently draws from a 4-hour drive and attracts tourists from all 50 states, Canada and worldwide. An unparalleled mix of shopping, dining, outlet and entertainment—all under one roof—combined with its new, onsite Embassy Suites by Hilton hotel cement Destiny USA’s reputation as a premier tourist destination. Plan your next visit to Destiny USA, Trip Advisor’s #1 travel destination in Central New York, today at www.destinyusa.com.
About Pyramid Management Group, LLC
Pyramid Management Group, owner of Destiny USA, is one of the largest, most innovative, privately-held shopping center developers in North America. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Pyramid’s portfolio of retail-based, tourist, and entertainment destinations dominate the northeast, with 18 properties located throughout New York, Massachusetts and Virginia. For over 40 years, Pyramid has lead the industry by combining the best elements of traditional retail with world-class dining and entertainment, all under one roof. For more information, visit www.pyramidmg.com.