DESTINY USA TEAMS UP WITH CENTRAL NEW YORK ATTRACTIONS TO REVEAL FIRST-EVER DESTINATION-WIDE SUMMER FUN PASS
Fun Passes valid June 5 – September 4 and include admission to any four participating attractions at Destiny USA and FREE admission into the New York State Fair, Museum of Science and Technology, Syracuse Chiefs, Rosamond Gifford Zoo AND Syracuse University Football!
Syracuse, NY (May 31, 2017) – Experiencing Central New York’s top attractions this summer just got easier (and more affordable) with the all-new Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass, which not only includes access to four of 25 participating Destiny USA attractions, but also free admission to the 2017 New York State Fair, Museum of Science and Technology, Syracuse Chiefs, Rosamond Gifford Zoo and Syracuse University Football as added bonuses. The first-of-its-kind Central New York destination pass is valid from June 5 – September 4, 2017 and represents a savings of up to 65% per person.
“We are incredibly excited to partner with the New York State Fair, Museum of Science and Technology, Syracuse Chiefs, Rosamond Gifford Zoo and Syracuse University Football to collaboratively grow the Central New York tourism economy,” said Aiden McGuire, Director of Marketing, Destiny USA. “Both Destiny USA and each of the included Fun Pass destinations continue to attract tourists to Destiny USA and Central New York. In fact, more than 60% of Fun Pass sales come from greater than 50 miles away. Simply put, there’s never been a better way for visitors to experience Central New York’s top attractions this summer with one pass.”
“This is an exciting time for Onondaga County,” said Onondaga County Executive Joanie Mahoney. “It is the first time so many of our top attractions have collaborated to enhance the visitor experience. We are thrilled at the opportunity this holds for our community and the potential it has to attract return visitors. It’s about strength in numbers and the bottom line of our economy.”
“We enjoyed our partnership with Destiny USA last year and are excited to be back together again this year. Destiny USA has made the Fun Pass an even better value than before. Generations of families have come to the New York State Fair to find their fun and we look forward to entertaining even more Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass buyers at one of the nation’s greatest fairs,” said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
“Our mission is to drive tourism demand and this exciting collaboration, led by Destiny USA helps us do just that,” said Carol Eaton, vice president of marketing, Visit Syracuse. “They have invested a great deal of resources to attract international travelers over the past few years and this winning partnership is sure to stimulate an influx of more tourists into Syracuse.”
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Destiny USA,” said Anthony Di Fino, associate athletics director for business development, Syracuse University. “The success of the Fun Pass has showed us that the community really enjoys when they can receive a great value from both the Orange and Destiny USA. To be included in the Summer Fun Pass, alongside other great venues in the area, is a fantastic opportunity. Attracting new fans to the Dome — and visitors to the area — only helps strengthen of tourism in Central New York and allows our local fans the ability to take advantage of a phenomenal offer.”
“The Museum of Science & Technology is delighted to be a part of such a great program with Destiny USA,” said Lauren Kochian, executive vice president, Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology. “These partnerships and community collaborations reinforce our area’s vibrancy, and make it a great place for families and visitors to enjoy summer by our MOST motto – ‘discover, learn & play’.”
“We have been building the partnership between Destiny USA and the Syracuse Chiefs for years,” said Jason Smorol, general manager, Syracuse Chiefs. “This new connection between the Chiefs and the Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass is a natural fit. Destiny USA is an exciting destination and adding the other fun locations that make CNY a great place to visit makes sense.”
Rosamond Gifford Zoo director Ted Fox said he is pleased to have the zoo participate in the Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass and he appreciates the collaborative spirit behind it.
“It just makes sense that any collection of premiere Syracuse attractions should include the zoo,” Fox said. “I’m happy we are working together to spotlight some of the best things to do in Syracuse. This new version of the Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass makes it easier for visitors to experience what we all have to offer.”
With each Destiny USA Summer Fun Pass purchase, guests will receive a barcoded booklet with tickets to be used at four of 25 participating Destiny USA venues. Each booklet will also include a bonus admission ticket to the 2017 New York State Fair, Museum of Science and Technology, Syracuse Chiefs, Rosamond Gifford Zoo and Syracuse University Football. Restrictions apply and are available online atwww.destinyusa.com/summer.
DESTINY USA ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS:
- 5WITS: One Adventure
- Amazing Mirror Maze: General Admission
- Billy Beez: General Admission (One Accompanying Adult Included)
- Canyon Climb: One Ropes Climb
- Carhartt: Limited Edition Syracuse-Branded T-Shirt
- Dave & Busters: $10 Power Card
- GlowGolf: One Round of Golf
- LazerTag: Three Games of Lazer Tag
- Microsoft: $25 X-Box LIVE 3-Month Membership OR $25 off Digital Game Card of $25 or More
- Mystery Room: One Admission
- Pole Position Raceway: Adult Race Package (Waive Temporary License)
- All-Star Alley & Tavern: Two Games (Includes Shoes)
- SkyTykes: One Ropes Climb (Must Be 48” or Less)
- World of Beer:
- Adults: Signature pretzel and beer (choice of Happy Hour beers)
- Kids: Mac & cheese bites and a side (French fries or tater shots) with sodaWonderWorks: General AdmissionDESTINY USA DINING OPTIONS
- Cantina Laredo: Gourmet Enchiladas or Specialty Tacos
- Cowboys Saloon: Choose one of five famous, fresh burgers with fries, signature homemade meatloaf sandwich with fries or a buffalo chicken sandwich with fries
- Gannon’s Homemade Ice Cream: One Super Sundae (Destiny USA location only)
- Gordon Biersch:
- Adults: Exclusive “Fun Pass” Pizza, or GB Chopped Salad, or “Destiny Burger” or CBLT.
- Kids: Mac and Cheese with Choice of Seasonal Fruit or Fires, or Cheese Pizza, or Pepperoni, or Cheeseburger with Choice of Seasonal Fruit or Fries, or Chicken Sandwich with Cheese with Choice of Seasonal Fruit or Fries, or Pasta Marinara with choice of Seasonal Fruit or Fries
- Johnny Rockets:
- Adults: Original Burger, or Streamliner Burger, or Rocket Dog, Fries, and Soda.
- Kids: Mini Burgers (2), or Grilled Cheese, or Mini Hot Dogs, Fries, and Soda
- Margaritaville: Choice of Cheeseburger in Paradise, Fries and Soda, or Chicken Caesar Salad and Soda
- P.F. Chang’s:
- Adults: $10 gift card
- Kids: $5 gift card
- Sweet Yummy: One Regular Size Cup of Frozen Yogurt with Toppings (up to 14 oz), or Smoothie, or Milkshake, or Regular Ice Cream, or Crepe and Waffle
- Syracuse’s Original Carmelcorn Shoppe: Refillable Bucket of Popcorn (Choice)
- TGI Fridays:
- Adults: Pick Three! One Style of Wings (Boneless or Traditional), and the following:
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Kids: Kids Meal from the Kids Menu
- Adults: Pick Three! One Style of Wings (Boneless or Traditional), and the following:
- World of Beer:
- BONUS ADMISSIONS—Each Fun Pass booklet includes a single bonus ticket to each:
- Syracuse University Football: one ticket to one of three select 2017 Syracuse University Football home games in September (9/1/17, 9/9/17, or 9/16/17)*
- Museum of Science and Technology (MOST): one general admission to MOST exhibits.*
- New York State Fair: one admission into the 2017 New York State Fair.*
- Rosamond Gifford Zoo: one general admission into the Rosamond Gifford Zoo.*
- Syracuse Chiefs: one ticket to one Syracuse Chiefs home baseball game.*
- Purchase the Fun Pass online at www.destinyusa.com/summer or visit Destiny USA’s Guest Services desk on the third level of Destiny USA, near World of Beer.Children’s Fun Pass is available for $40 plus applicable sales tax (ages 12 and younger – age and weight restrictions apply) and Adult Fun Passes are available for $50 plus applicable sales tax.
* View destinyusa.com/summer for details on offers, bonus redemptions and restrictions. 65% savings compared to purchasing individual venue passes and bonus admission tickets separately.
For more information, contact:
- Destiny USA Director of Marketing Aiden McGuire, 315-454-2808, AMcguire@destinyusa.com
- Visit Syracuse Communications Director Nikita Jankowski, 315-706-4443, NJankowski@vistsyracuse.com
CLICK HERE FOR PDF VERSION OF PRESS RELEASEAbout Destiny USA
Shopping, dining and entertainment so big, it needed its own zip code. Welcome to Destiny USA—New York’s largest destination of its kind with over 250 places to shop, dine and play, visited by 26 million guests every year. From an antique carousel to the world’s largest suspended ropes course at WonderWorks to tropical destination Margaritaville, Cheesecake Factory and retail and outlet brands like Apple, Nordstrom rack, Michael Kors and more, there’s something for everyone at Destiny USA. And all of it under one roof with perfect weather year round. Discover the Destiny USA experience and plan your next visit at www.destinyusa.com.
About Pyramid Management Group, LLC
Pyramid Management Group, owner of Destiny USA, is one of the largest, most innovative, privately-held shopping center developers in North America. Headquartered in Syracuse, New York, Pyramid’s portfolio of retail-based, tourist, and entertainment destinations dominate the northeast, with 16 properties located throughout New York, Massachusetts and Virginia. For over 40 years, Pyramid has lead the industry by combining the best elements of traditional retail with world-class dining and entertainment, all under one roof. For more information, visit www.pyramidmg.com.
About Visit Syracuse
Visit Syracuse, Inc. is Onondaga County’s official marketing organization for tourism related economic development; leading the production of over $850 million in direct visitor spending annually. The organization aims to strengthen the positive awareness of the City of Syracuse and Onondaga County as a convention and visitor destination; to increase revenues and stimulate economic development and growth for the community.
315.470.1903 direct line