Syracuse, NY (May 23, 2019) – Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh – Aerie’s got a new attitude! After more than three months of operating out of a temporary location in Destiny USA, Aerie reopened this morning with a brand-new look. As one of the top performing locations for the company, Aerie at Destiny USA is now referred to as a Market Max store; which means it has a completely elevated design concept that is unlike its other retail locations across the country.
“What’s different about our storefront? Everything,” said Store Manager Meredith Baldwin. “As soon as you walk into the store, you are on a customer journey – from Room One, to the Fitting rooms.”
“We are honored to have our location selected for Aerie’s new concept,” said Destiny USA Director of Marketing Nikita Jankowski. “it speaks to the dynamic nature of the destination and its broad appeal to today’s travelers, tourists and trends.”
Devoted shoppers will notice the following changes:
• Doors: All of the windows were removed and replaced with doors at the entrance.
• Welcome Area: The storefront entrance now has a permanent location to offer snacks or free/promotional items and event information. In fact, while supplies last today, shoppers can grab free drinks, candy bars and tote bag.
• Photo Wall: A new photo wall greets customers near the entrance.
• Inspirational: Part of the Aerie brand includes promoting self-esteem. The new renovation features messages promoting body positivity; including sentimental elements to make shoppers feel good about their bodies such as various positive quotes on the dressing room walls (“Together we will love our real selves and change the world” and “Before you can love what you see on the outside, you have to love who you are on the inside”).
• Portable Charges:Portable chargers can be found in the dressing room.
• Books: For those who like catch on positive reading, they will find books in the dressing rooms.
• Bra Closet: The new bra closet (boutique-like changing room for bras) was added to show customers that Aerie’s staff should be considered as bra experts and will go the extra mile to make shoppers feel comfortable.
• Maturity: The new design concept also encourages the more mature shopper to take a peek inside to see what’s in store for them. The new Aerie works for women of all ages.
“It’s about having the essential elements, in store, to make them feel good,” added Baldwin.
The newly remodeled location is located on the first level, next to LensCrafters, in the Lord + Taylor wing.