REPORTS TO: Store Team Leader
STATUS: Part Time Non-Exempt
SUPERVISES: Store Associates
The Sales Leader supports the store management team by effectively performing the responsibilities of a LOD by creating a selling culture and enhances the customer’s experience and achieves the store sales goals. As a member of management, the Sales Leader is responsible for the daily operation of the store. The Sales Leader is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviors in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
- Perform the responsibilities of the Leader on Duty (LOD), as outlined in the AE LOD Program, to lead a Customer First culture.
- Communicate clear expectations and hold the store associates and themselves accountable to achieving all brand, performance and behavior standards.
- Proactively seek personal learning and development opportunities to elevate leadership skillset and individual performance.
Drive for Results
- Partner with the Store Management team in the execution of the store business plan to drive KPI results and maximizes business opportunities.
- Establish and assign individual goals to sales and stock associates; monitor performance and provide real-time coaching to support them in achieving the
- Drive brand loyalty by ensuring associates are knowledgeable of all AEO loyalty programs and holding them accountable for consistently informing customers of
- Lead role in training, developing and coaching the associate team to create a Customer First culture.
- Motivate associates by providing feedback and recognition for behaviors that drive positive results.
- Recognize and communicate associate performance issues to store management in a timely manner to develop plans for resolution.
Visual & Operational Execution
- Maintain company brand standards per the 5 S’s (In Size, Styled, Stocked, Standard, Signed).
- Execute strategic, brand appropriate merchandising product moves to maximize presentation and drive sales.
- Ensure consistent and effective shipment processing and flow to the floor are executed while maintaining stockroom SOP.
- Executes all daily operational procedures and supports the management team to ensure the store audit compliance and shrink results meet company loss
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
In the absence of a member of management is authorized to:
- Complete cash refunds for returned merchandise
- Complete employee purchase transactions
- Complete cash pay-outs for store purchases and services (up to $50.00)
- Receive merchandise shipment; complete markdowns on sale and damaged goods
- Complete morning bank deposits
- Minimum High School education or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 – 2 year retail experience or equivalent education.
- Team leader experience preferred.
- Must have flexible availability for store needs.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers and store team.
- Demonstrated collaborate skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to perform all Essential Job Functions
- Proficient use of technology
- Must be able to lift between 15 and 50 pounds at times.
- Climbing ladders to re-stock and obtain merchandise and or step stool
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a retail space
- Ability to continuously walk, frequently push/pull, occasionally bend/stoop/crawl/reach above shoulders/kneel
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability