Opening Soon! At Embassy Suites by Hilton™ at Destiny USA, we anticipate travelers’ needs and deliver what matters most. All of our guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night*. We’re delighted to welcome you in over 230 unique locations, so stay with us and come experience all Embassy Suites has to offer.
As an Accounting Manager, you will fill a leadership role in supporting your hotel’s financial goals through overseeing the smooth and efficient processing of accounting related information and will be focused on managing and directing others in the operational departments of the hotel. The primary responsibilities for this position will be focused on routine operational tasks and supervising others in their operational assignments.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years of progressive experience in accounting field, preferably in hotel accounting or college degree and one year of accounting experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and radiate a positive and accommodating attitude while interacting with customers.
- Oversee the duties of General Cashier, with responsibility for the daily reconciliation of Rooms, Food, Beverage, and House deposits.
- Oversee and maintain the Over/Short Log.
- Maintain controls for all cashier banks in the hotel.
- Post all city ledger payments daily according to the Daily Mail Cash Receipts (DMCR).
- Prepare all bank deposits, “Due Backs,” and bank change orders according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain responsibility for the billing of accounts receivable daily.
- Regulate the Hotel Credit Policy and have detailed knowledge of Hotel receivables.
- Maintain trace system for AR collection call process per SOP and perform AR balancing function.
- Complete monthly checklist and send in month-end package according to Central Accounting calendar.
- Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Benefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions