The Salvation Army’s KettleKickoff with Kettle Chair Joanie Mahoney will take place this Friday November 8, 2019 at 11 a.m. inside Destiny USA.
Mahoney will ring the bell and make the first donation into The Salvation Army red kettle to kick off ‘Kettle Season’ here in Central New York. Last year, the Kettle Chair was Juli Boeheim.
The Salvation Army will have 40 kettles around the Greater Syracuse Area this holiday season. There will also be 100 mini kettles inside corporations and companies.
The Salvation Army’s kettle goal for the 2019 holiday season is $225,000.
New this year, The Salvation Army is rolling out two new ways to donate electronically through the kettles. If you don’t have change in your pocket to drop in the kettle, you can donate with your phone through a ‘tap pad’ or through a QR code.
The money raised through kettles benefits The Salvation Army’s 40 programs here in Onondaga County. The programs help change lives of people ranging from infants to seniors.
Kettle Kickoff Information:
- When: Friday November 8th, 2019
- Time: 11 a.m.
- Where: Destiny USA, specifically at the kettle closest to Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Destiny USA will have eight kettles beginning November 8th.
- Every Price Chopper in the Syracuse area will have kettles beginning November 11th.
- Every Tops Friendly Markets will have kettles beginning November 15th.
- Every Walmart will have kettles beginning November 29th.
- Chick-Fil-A will have a kettle December 20th and December 21st