Want to work with a product you love? Yankee Candle is seeking individuals who are passionate about home d cor and fragrance. We are an energetic, innovative and engaged team, who values their people and their development. Not to mention, we offer a generous 50% off employee discount on most products. We characterize our team as a band of avid retail and brand enthusiasts who care deeply about their work, and work hard to get the best possible results. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys an organization that moves swiftly, is open to change, and for someone who really cares about providing and demonstrating exceptional guest service and can correlate that behavior with driving sales.
As a Retail Store Second Assistant Manager, you are responsible for acting as Manager on Duty (MOD) for various shifts and assisting the leadership team with achieving sales, organization, guest engagement, and profitability goals within a Yankee Candle store.
- Provides assistance in the direction and leadership of an assigned Yankee Candle Retail Store
- Opens and closes the store on a regular basis
- Acts as Manager on Duty (MOD) for various shifts
- Drives sales & profitabilit
- Provides exemplary guest service, ensures visual merchandising/presentation and operational standards
- Assists with the training and coaching of store management teams and Sales Associates
- Works to help the store achieve divisional and store sales and profitability goals
- Processes guest transactions and operates POS system with speed and accuracy
- Restocks shelves with product as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 2 years supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to sell products is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and train others in a retail setting, and the ability to relate well using communication, interpersonal, diplomacy and related skills required.
Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
This position offers a competitive rate & excellent benefits package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status