Summer is finally here and we couldn’t be more excited at Destiny USA! We are continually working to make the Destiny USA Experience even better. In fact, we are excited to announce a new partnership with the Great New York State Fair, which runs August 25 through Labor Day, September 6. It’s one of the largest and oldest Fairs in the United States, bringing a million people into Central New York to enjoy all that the region has to offer. New this summer, the Destiny USA Summer Fun Day Pass, which allows guests the opportunity to experience any four of 20 participating attractions for one low price, also includes a BONUS of free admission to the Fair! Guests simply need to hold onto their passes and surrender them at the Fair for free entry! The Fair is just a five-minute drive from Destiny USA
But don’t forget about the Group Day Pass, which can be a moneymaker for you as an add-on to your upstate New York itineraries for groups of 12 or more. And now, with complimentary Fair admission, it provides even more added value for your clients. Available for groups of twelve or more, we can customize the Group Day Pass to work for any timetable and budget. You clients create memories and you receive extra cash in your pocket, it’s that simple.
Motor Coach Visitation (WAY) Up!
As the weather improves, motor coach traffic to Destiny USA has been on the rise, and then some, during the year’s second quarter. Our bus visitation increase was over 100% for April vs. 2015, with May just as steady and June also on the rise. As always, we appreciate your business and enjoy hosting your clients. Year to date we are ahead over 0% compared to last year in motor coach registration and we owe it all to you!
On the Road (Again)
We continue to be busy on the trade show circuit, having returned recently from New York By Rail, which took place inside of Pennsylvania Station in the heart of New York City, #NEXT Travel Exchange, held at the Fiesta Americana Contessa in Cancun and IPW in New Orleans with the Shop America Alliance. Next stop will be at the Destinations of New York State Operator Reception at Rosie O’Grady’s in NYC on July 12th.
Stay Tuned (Hotel Coming Soon)
As you may have seen in the news, Destiny USA is moving move forward with its plans for adding a 209-room hotel, which will be located at the southeast corner of Hiawatha Boulevard West and Solar streets, directly across Hiawatha Boulevard from Destiny USA. Construction has begun and will be completed in the fall of 2017.
- Kraze Burger Coming to Destiny USALate this summer, Kraze Burger is bringing the ultimate burger experience to Destiny USA’s Food Court. The gourmet burger joint, which found its start serving authentic American burgers in South Korea, takes casual dining to a whole new level with its dedication to premium ingredients coupled with healthy alternatives. Kraze Burger’s menu options range from traditional burger offerings to unique and flavorful sauces, spices, and combinations inspired by its roots. Construction is currently underway with an opening planned for the end of this summer.
- The popular UK-based brand, Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics, will open a new location on Destiny USA’s second level next to Williams-Sonoma, with an anticipated opening this summer!
- This summer, Torrid, the ultimate destination for fashion designed specifically for the curvy girl, is opening its doors at Destiny USA. With apparel created for sizes 12 to 28 and all the trendy accessories to go with it, Torrid is a one-stop shop that’s one of a kind. Fashionistas will be able to find the store on the 2nd floor of Destiny USA’s Expansion across from VF Outlet when it opens in late July.
Did you know that Destiny USA is New York State’s largest entertainment, dining and shopping destination? It is also the 6th largest shopping complex in America! Here are some other fun facts about Syracuse that you should know (according to visitsyracuse.com):
- National Geographic’s Green Guide named Syracuse “One of America’s Top 20 Green Cities”
- Our State Fair is the longest running State Fair in the Country, it started in 1848
- Danny Biasone who is the late owner of the Syracuse Nationals invented the 24-second shot clock, used in all NBA games. There is a shot clock standing in the middle of Armory Square for all basketball fans to admire
- Syracuse has the only stop light that displays the green light above the red light. The historic landmark can be seen on Syracuse’s Tipperary Hill.
What to Do This Summer in Syracuse:
Syracuse is full of great concerts and many fairs and festivals each summer. This year, there are over 30 fairs and festivals and many concerts throughout the summer thanks to the new Lakeview Amphitheatre concert venue!
Some of noteworthy the fairs and festivals include, the Taste of Syracuse, the Syracuse Arts & Crafts Festival, the New York State Blues Fest, the Jazz Fest, the Nationals Classic Car Show, and last but certainly not least, the Great New York State Fair!
The summer in Syracuse is always bustling with people from all over different states (and even some traveling from outside of the country) to attend the many festivals, fairs and concerts that are offered during the beautiful New York summer. Learn more about Syracuse and upcoming events here.